In case anyone is wondering, the latest update to the Schlock Mercenary iPhone application added support for the iPhone 5 screen size. This update was released on the 1st of October, so I'm a little behind in reporting it. The app looks great on the larger screen, and I find myself using the application in landscape more now as a result. I've also tested the iPad application on an iPad Mini, and I'm pleased to report that it looks great, and works exactly the same as on the larger device. Where to from here? Well, I have some vague plans... Read more
- Bigger than ever - Strips 28% larger than online.
- Retina quality strips for iPhone and iPad devices with Retina displays - 156% larger than online.*
- Read strips 3 days ahead of the web.*
- Push notifications for new strips and blog posts (iOS only).
- Bookmark your favorite strips, or use Live bookmarks to follow your progress through the archive.
- Special mobile app only artwork.*
- Read the entire archive with simple navigation.
- Read Howards blog in the app.
- Links to Schlock online communities.
- Free for all devices.*
* Paid subscription required for some content. Free application displays advertising on the home screen and strip viewing screen. A paid subscription removes all advertising, and allows access to strips ahead of the Schlock Mercenary website. Retina quality strips are only available to subscribers on iPhone 4 or greater, 3rd generation or greater iPad and 4th generation or greater iPod touch. Subscriptions can be shared across all your supported mobile devices.